On Thursday, the WNBA released the designs of its Nike uniforms for each team. The league just released one of the uniform colors, since teams have lighter and darker colored jerseys. Take a look at all of them below.
These teams have marquee sponsorships where a logo shows up in place of the team wordmark:
- Chicago Sky - University of Chicago Medicine. This is a new sponsorship.
- Connecticut Sun - Mohegan Sun Casino. This is a new sponsorship, but it’s also the company that owns the team. Last year, the Sun wore a jersey with the Frontier Communications logo, and it didn’t have a Verizon logo due to conflict of interest reasons. Now, the Verizon logo is clearly there.
- Dallas Wings - American Fidelity. This is a new sponsorship.
- Indiana Fever - Finish Line
- Los Angeles Sparks - EquiTrust
- Minnesota Lynx - Mayo Clinic
- New York Liberty - Draft Kings
- Phoenix Mercury - Talking Stick Resort and Casino
- Seattle Storm - Swedish Medical Center
The WNBA has a league wide sponsorship with Verizon, where the logo is on most WNBA teams below the marquee sponsorship or team wordmark except the Las Vegas Aces.
The above video just shows designs, so how do they look in person?
Mystics forward Elena Delle Donne wore hers in the tweet below. The jersey isn’t tucked in.
Mystics forward Monique Currie indicated that the WNBA won’t return to the no-tuck era of 2003-2007, so it’s important not to read into every little detail:
No— Monique Currie (@Mocurrie25) April 12, 2018
The Sun don’t make things any easier in regard to how these uniforms will look in person: