It’s Black Friday! That day of the year when citizens, countrywide, fight through their Thanksgiving turkey malaise and head to stores in search of coveted material possessions to buy their loved ones for Christmas — on the cheap. For those who are too stuffed from the cornbread stuffing and other stuff — or just crowd-averse and not into the madness — a few clicks on a computer keyboard, or smartphone, can accomplish a lot. So, if you’re not sure what to buy that basketball-lover in your life, look no further.
25 gift ideas for that basketball lover in your life
1. BreakingT.com is having a Black Friday sale! That means 15% off everything site-wide, using the following code at checkout: BFSAVE15. The “Bet on Women” BreakingT shirt is back in print, so it is once again available in all sizes (while supplies last).
And all other WNBA shirts are discounted to $15 — and even cheaper if you use this code BFSAVE15. These shirts will make great stocking stuffers!
Other stocking stuffers
2. Handcrafted, hand-painted, officially-licensed Angel McCoughtry or Cappie Pondexter bobblehead — $20 at BobbleheadBoss
For Louisville fans, the McCoughtry bobblehead is a win-win:
3. Artsy silver charm necklace — $21 on Etsy
4. Charm necklace with basketball, player’s name and jersey number — starting at $11 on Etsy
5. Slam Dunk Mad Libs — $4 on Amazon
For the grownups
6. Standing Tall: A memoir of tragedy and triumph by C. Vivian Stringer — $14 on Amazon
The journey to #CVS1K started in 1972 and reached the highest stages of the sport.— Big Ten Network (@BigTenNetwork) November 14, 2018
And in 2018, @cvivianstringer secures career win No. 1,000. Congratulations to the @RutgersWBB head coach! pic.twitter.com/5c5k45BEEl
Stringer made history earlier this month by notching her one-thousandth career win as a head coach, being the first African American to reach that milestone.
7. Basketball: A love story by Jackie MacMullan — $19 on Amazon
8. In My Skin: My life on and off the basketball court by Brittney Griner — $11 on Amazon
9. The Basketball Diaries by Jim Carroll — $14 on Amazon
10. Hang Time: My life in basketball by Elgin Baylor — $18 on Amazon
11. Sum It Up: A thousand and ninety-eight victories, a couple of irrelevant losses, and a life in perspective by Pat Summitt & Sally Jenkins — $8 on Amazon
For the kiddos
12. Sports Illustrated’s Big Book of WHO: Basketball (edited) by Rob Fleder — $12 on Amazon
13. The Middle School Rules of Skylar Diggins by Sean Jensen — $13 on Amazon
14. Elle of the Ball by Elena Delle Donne — $12 on Amazon
Hoops things for the home
15. Basketball pillowcases, pillows, sheets, quilts and shams — starting at $12 at Crate & Barrel
16. Basketball-themed shot glasses — currently on sale for $10 at Cafe Press
17. Basketball swooshing through a net throw pillow in gray and blue — $17 at Target
18. Basketball wall prints from Gnosis Collage Art — starting at $27 (for a set of 4) on Etsy
(Sets of 6 and 12 are also available.)
19. Basketball bookends — $30 at Home Depot
20. Basketball court rug — $65 from Bed Bath & Beyond
21. Basketball imagery rug — $24 from Overstock
22. Basketball wall clock — $24 at Target
23. WNBA official jerseys, hats and t-shirts (currently on sale using promo code WNBA25) — starting at $21 at the WNBA store
24. Merry Swishmas long-sleeved t-shirt by Green Turtle T-shirts — $17 on Etsy
(This one comes in a variety of colors.)
25. Santa dunking over Rudolph ugly Christmas sweater by Snowtorious — $30 on Etsy
Editor’s Note: This list does not offer any guarantees as to the quality or reliability of the products mentioned in this article. Furthermore, this article is not a paid endorsement. Swish Appeal is an affiliate of BreakingT, however, but does not have any relationship with any other company or vendor mentioned in this list.