USA Basketball announced that the women’s national team will participate in a training camp from April 24 to 26 in Seattle and play the China women’s national basketball team on April 26 at KeyArena.
Here is the roster of players who will participate in the training camp:
- Seimone Augustus (Minnesota Lynx)
- Sue Bird (Seattle Storm)
- Layshia Clarendon (Atlanta Dream
- Napheesa Collier (University of Connecticut)
- Elena Delle Donne (Washington Mystics)
- Skylar Diggins-Smith (Dallas Wings)
- Stefanie Dolson (Chicago Sky)
- Sylvia Fowles (Minnesota Lynx)
- Allisha Gray (Dallas Wings)
- Tiffany Hayes (Atlanta Dream)
- Jewell Loyd (Seattle Storm)
- Kelsey Mitchell (Indiana Fever)
- Tiffany Mitchell (Indiana Fever)
- Breanna Stewart (Seattle Storm)
- Brittney Sykes (Atlanta Dream)
- Diana Taurasi (Phoenix Mercury)
- Morgan Tuck (Connecticut Sun)
- Sydney Wiese (Los Angeles Sparks)
- Elizabeth Williams (Atlanta Dream)
The remaining players in the pool will not participate due to other commitments, including overseas. For example, Brittney Griner and Maya Moore are still playing for UMMC Ekaterinburg of the Russian PBL while Nneka Ogwumike and Angel McCoughtry are playing for Dynamo Kursk of the PBL. UMMC and Kursk play each other this week in the EuroLeague Women Final Four.
One of the main purposes is to get as many players training together before the FIBA Women’s Basketball World Cup on September 22-30 in Tenerife, Spain.