Ahhhh. Draft Day. It’s FINALLY HERE!
After all the hoopla over who may be number one to which prospects fit better on certain teams, all of that speculation must be put to rest. A’ja Wilson of South Carolina is still probably going to be the first overall pick to the Las Vegas Aces, but you never know what’s going to happen after that. That’s what makes the WNBA Draft an event to see.
Here’s how you can watch the WNBA Draft tonight, as well as some general resources from around the web.
Where and When - Thursday, April 12, 2018 at Nike New York Headquarters in New York City at 7 p.m. ET (4 p.m. PT)
TV/Streaming - ESPN2 will have the first round of the Draft. ESPNU will have the second and third rounds starting at about 8 p.m. ET. The ESPN App will have all rounds.
- Click here to get to our StoryStream to learn what each WNBA team has done so far this offseason. It includes which players they signed, which players left, and what their needs are heading into tonight.
- WNBA.com also has previews for each of the teams as well.
Final Mock Drafts
- Linxlink wrote a FanPost last week on several mock drafts.
- SBNation.com has their mock draft as well.
- ESPN projected every round of the draft as well.
Matt Ellentuck and Whitney Medworth of SB Nation NBA wrote some individual player profiles this week. They include:
Sean Hurd of ESPN the Magazine wrote an analysis on Dynamo Kursk and Russian national team center Maria Vadeeva. She is expected to be drafted tonight, and she’ll probably be drafted in the first round. If she’s not drafted in the first round, then it won’t be because she’s less talented.
Here’s even more WNBA Draft content for you to listen to while on the road:
- Howard Megdal and Ben Dull of High Post Hoops were on the Locked on Women’s Basketball podcast on Wednesday going through their last mock draft, pick by pick.
- Eli Horowitz of the WNBAinsidr Show gave his final draft review on Tuesday and a free agency recap on Wednesday.
Chat about tonight’s draft here in the comments as the players’ names are called. Can’t wait to see who’s new in the league!