Vox Media’s SB Nation is the fastest-growing online sports media brand and the largest network of more than 300 individual fan-centric sports communities, including SBNation.com, our national flagship property.
Swish Appeal, the SB Nation blog covering the WNBA and women’s college basketball, is looking for a new Manager. The Manager would be responsible for the following duties:
- Making sure the site is publishing every day, and at a volume high enough for the site to continue to grow.
- Managing the site’s social media accounts, and help them continue to grow.
- Managing a staff of contributors that cover women’s basketball and news on the site.
- Regular communication with SB Nation management over site goals, traffic, and progress.
- Moderating and maintaining a vibrant, welcoming site community.
Our best Manager candidates will:
- Have a passion for women’s hoops and already be familiar with SB Nation’s voice and standards.
- Have a familiarity with existing coverage in the women’s hoops space.
- Understand how to use popular social media networks, like Twitter and Facebook, and be willing to adapt to new best practices.
- Be able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Be able to cultivate an online community of passionate women’s hoops fans.
- Have the organizational skills to manage a staff of multiple people.
- Be comfortable working in a remote environment.
This is a contractor position that pays a monthly stipend. Some daytime availability is preferred. The new site manager will take over after the conclusion of March Madness.
Does this sound like you? If so, apply here!
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.