The WNBA’s top prospects will gather in New York on April 13 for the 2017 WNBA Draft presented by State Farm. The teams will be stacking up their rosters ahead of the league's 21st season that will tip off one month later.
“We are thrilled that the WNBA Draft 2017 presented by State Farm will take place in the heart of New York City,” state WNBA President Lisa Borders.
“The draft is a launching point for our 21st season and represents a cherished moment for these players as they begin their quest to make a mark on the WNBA. We are very pleased that our broadcast partner ESPN will once again be providing in-depth coverage and sharing the stories of these young women.”
Coverage and analysis of the first round will be on ESPN2 at 7 p.m. ET. The second and third round coverage will be over on ESPNU starting at 8 p.m. ET. You can also catch all the draft action via live stream on WatchESPN and the ESPN app.
The San Antonio Stars will be first up to take their pick in the draft after winning the WNBA Draft Lottery on Sept. 28. The Chicago Sky holds the No.2 pick while the Dallas Wings hold the next two. They have their own pick at No. 3 and acquired the No. 4 pick from the Los Angeles Sparks in a trade that sent Odyssey Sims to Los Angeles in February.
The selection of the First round is as follows:
1) San Antonio (7-27)
2) Chicago from Washington (13-21) (Delle Donne, Dolson, Copper, 2/2/17)
3) Dallas (11-23)
4) Dallas from Connecticut (14-20) via Los Angeles (J.Jones, Gray, 4/14/16) (Sims, 2/17/17)
5) San Antonio from Phoenix (16-18) (D. Robinson, Harrison, 1/31/17)
6) Washington from Seattle (16-18) (Vaughn, Hartley, Swords, 1/30/17)
7) Atlanta (17-17)
8) Connecticut from Indiana (17-17) (Little, Dupree, Kizer, Alleyne, 2/21/17)
9) Chicago (18-16)
10) Dallas from New York (21-13) (Zahui B, 5/11/16)
11) Los Angeles from Los Angeles (26-8) via Dallas (R.Williams, Phillips, 3/1/16) (Sims, 2/17/17)
12) Minnesota (28-6)