The Indiana Fever's win last night had meaning beyond a single "W" so we'll start there and then move on to a wide range of news related to women's sports.
- Mark Ambrogi of the Indianapolis Star recapped the Indiana Fever's 80-63 win over the San Antonio Silver Stars last night, focusing on the improving health of the team embodied by the return of Shavonte Zellous to the lineup. Setting aside anything else about the game, Ambrogi reports that Douglas practiced for the first time on Tuesday and could be within weeks of returning. Read more >>>
With the #SilverStars loss tonight, @minnesotalynx have officially clinched their third straight playoff appearance #WNBA #LosLynx— Lynx PR (@Lynx_PR) August 22, 2013
- John Altavilla of the Hartford Courant offers more on the status of injured Connecticut Sun guard Kelly Faris and Allison Hightower, noting that both injuries occurred over an extended period of time. Read more >>>
- Marc Allard of the Norwich Bulletin caught up with Sun guard Kara Lawson to discuss the "personal reasons" that led to her absence from the team. Lawson says she left the team because her father fell seriously ill and her family wasn't sure how much time he had left. She's returning because the Sun instructed her that it's time to get back to the team. Read more >>>
- ArizonaWildcats.com caught up with San Antonio Silver Stars rookie Davellyn Whyte to discuss her transition from college to the WNBA. Wildcats coach Niya Butts says that among her strengths is that "...she is the most observant in the room." Read more >>>
- Makers.com has announced that they will release a video honoring the legacy of Lisa Leslie as part of a celebration of Women's Equality Day. They've shared a short preview of Leslie's story, which details a story about Leslie playing with a boys' team as a child. Read more >>>
- Michelle Smith of espnW profiled Charde Houston and her fashion sense off the court. After hearing from fans who appreciated her style, Houston created a site named Body Karmah to sell a range of clothing and accessories. Read more >>>
- iClarified announced that the Yahoo! Sports app for iOS now includes WNBA scores. They also have a few screenshots of what the app looks like. Read more >>>
- Paul Gittings of CNN profiled the career of women's sports pioneer Billie Jean King, who turns 70 in November and has been celebrating Women's Tennis Association's 40th anniversary. Read more >>>
- Spencer Hall of SB Nation explains to men why assuming that women know nothing about football (or any sport, for that matter) is idiotic because - wait for it, guys - women might actually be sports fans who are watching because they understand the sport. The reason: somebody in Alabama felt the need to suggest that football is a "confusing and often vexing concept" for women. Read more >>>
Of course if you have other links to share, feel free to drop them in the comments or create a fanshot. And if you have a longer commentary that you'd like to share with the community, write up a fan post to share.