1. Chicago Sky (4-3) at Indiana Fever (1-5), 7:00 PM ET
NBA TV has this game on. Locally, Fox Sports Indiana has it for folks in Indianapolis; The U Too has it for Chicago area residents.
In this game, we hopefully get to the Fever's Layshia Clarendon face off against the Chicago Sky, which has Elena Delle Donne. After starting out 4-1. the Sky lost two in a row and in this game against an injury depleted Fever team is a chance for them to get back in the win column. For the Fever, these next five games could determine whether a playoff berth is even possible, by the time we head into August.
2. Seattle Storm (4-3) at Tulsa Shock (2-7), 8:00 PM ET
Glory Johnson, Skylar Diggins, and the Shock looks to get its second win in a row against Tina Thompson and the Seattle Storm. You'd think that Tianna Hawkins would be getting more minutes to show what she can do, but playing Tina Thompson at all costs over her is quite frankly a flat out dumb move for long term development.
If the Storm wins because of Shekinna Stricklen, Alysha Clark, and Tianna Hawkins, that is a great win for them because these three could be the future. But if they do, it's probably because of Tina Thompson, Temeka Johnson, and Tanisha Wright, and that's not really desirable for the long term health of this great franchise.
As for the Shock, this is an opportunity to get another win at home and to dominate against an aging roster.
The Random SB Nation song of the day
Some other ones are linked:
- The Spice Girls' most popular member was never Melanie Chisholm (a/k/a Sporty Spice), but she is the most successful career singer from the group. Here's a recent music video from her, "Think About It" and her biggest hit that I know from her, "I Turn To You".
- We played Miami Sound Machine yesterday even though it's not a girl group. Gloria Estefan became a solo singer and had some great hits herself, here's "Turn the Beat Around."
- She wasn't in a girl band, but the Queen of Rock, Tina Turner was in a duo with her then husband Ike. Here's "The Best."
- I have to play Gwen Stefani too as well. She was on No Doubt back in the day. Here's "Rich Girl."
So that's it. Enjoy the games tonight everyone!