There isn't much more to add for tonight's game from my end except what I think will happen tonight.
I believe that the Lynx will win this game, but it will be a closer contest than the shellacking we saw last Sunday. That I believe is an aberration. And I still believe that the series will be a sweep in favor of Minnesota, even with Nate writing his take as to why the Dream can't be totally written off just yet.
More basketball on tap
We're now in October, which means that the NBA's preseason is now in full swing and it actually began last weekend. I didn't really care about it until now because the Wizards' preseason didn't start yet, until today. You are free to use this thread to also talk about what's going on in the NBA as well since nearly half of the league will play tonight, if not already.
Earlier this afternoon, the Philadelphia 76ers played the Oklahoma City Thunder in Manchester, UK with the Thunder winning, 103-99. For OKC, Kevin Durant had a near triple double with 21 points, 12 assists, and 8 rebounds, with Serge Ibaka adding 18 points, 11 rebounds, and 3 blocks. Reggie Jackson led OKC in scoring with 29 points. For Philly, five players scored in double figures, led by Tony Wroten, who scored 20 points off the bench.
But here are the other NBA games on tap for tonight. Feel free to comment on these games as well, since it's an open thread!
Here are the six other games that will be on today, two of which are on NBA TV.
1. Brooklyn Nets at Washington Wizards at Verizon Center, 7:00 PM ET on NBA TV (Safe to call this a game of the night as Nets head coach Jason Kidd makes his debut with a veteran laden lineup against a Wizards team with a young backcourt that is the foundation of their future.)
2. Milwaukee Bucks at Cleveland Cavaliers at Quicken Loans Arena, 7:00 PM ET
3. Atlanta Hawks at Charlotte Bobcats at US Cellular Center in Asheville, NC, 7:30 PM ET
4. Maccabi Tel Aviv at Detroit Pistons at the Palace of Auburn Hills, 7:30 PM ET
5. Golden State Warriors at Utah Jazz at EnergySolutions Arena, 9:00 PM ET
6. Denver Nuggets at Los Angeles Lakers at Citizens Bank Arena in Ontario, CA, 10:00 PM ET on NBA TV. (This is the second game of the night because the Lakers, without Kobe Bryant are playing. Sorry Nate and the Swish Appeal Bay Area Members Association. :) )
The Random SB Nation Song of the Day:
Here's Tim McGraw with "Highway Don't Care" which features a couple other folks we played earlier this season. Don't text and drive guys. Watch the video and you'll see why. :(
That's all I have, enjoy Game 2 of the Finals!