Some women's basketball links to enjoy with your lunch or late afternoon coffee, if you're on that other coast.
- Stephen Hawkins of the Associated Press has the recap of Baylor's 83-50 blowout of UCLA. Bruins coach Cori Close said afterwards that rebounding and taking care of the ball were problems, but the rebounding is definitely the bigger one, as the article makes clear: Baylor had an offensive rebound percentage of 50%. Read more >>>
- Mike Carmin of the Journal-Courier describes how Purdue player Courtney Moses used the old throw-the-ball-off-the-opponent inbounds play with 12.5 seconds left to lift the Boilermakers to a hard-fought 54-53 win over the Bowling Green Falcons in the opener at their brand new Stroh Center. Fox Toledo has a highlights package with post game interviews from BGSU's Curt Miller and Jessica Slagle. Read more >>>
- Dave Trimmer of the Spokesman Review reports on Gonzaga coach Kelly Graves' 300th win. Naturally, the humble Graves downplayed the milestone: ""It means I’m old and I’ve been blessed to have had great players. Isn’t that the recipe?" Congrats coach...on being old...? Read more >>>
- SBN's I Am The 12th Man offers a brief summary of Texas A&M's 83-54 win over UALR last night. Kelsey Bone is making an impact with the Aggies outscoring UALR 38-18 in the paint. Read more >>>
- TallMike of SBN's Texas Tech site Double T Nation summarizes the Lady Raiders' 88-58 win over Houston on Wednesday. While he was disappointed with their ability to make shots inside, he wasn't disappointed with their rebounding: they dominated the offensive boards with a rate of 58.1%. Read more >>>
- Herman of SBN's Sippin on Purple continues his coverage of the Northwestern Wildcats with a summary of their 69-62 win over Illinois State. Northwestern improved to 3-0 and should be adding depth with center Anna Cole being ready to play again in the next game. Read more and see the video recap >>>
- Tim Mulholland of SBN's Streaking the Lawn takes a brief look at Virginia's 67-41 tune-up win against High Point before a streak of more competitive matchups that begins with hosting Tennessee. He's taken note of the defensive mindset that new coach Joanne Boyle has brought that nicely complements that of men's coach Tony Bennett. Read more >>>
- T. Kyle King of SB Nation's Dawg Sports has a brief summary of Georgia's 73-48 win over Georgia Pounds College that lifts them to 3-0. Next up for Georgia: hosting Southern California. Read more >>>
- The Seattle U Redhawks will host San Diego at KeyArena this Saturday at 12:15. The game will be Game 1 of SU’s basketball doubleheader. Following the women’s game, the men’s basketball team hosts their season opener versus San Francisco at 3:10 p.m. Read more >>>
- NCAA President Mark Emmert has notified Penn State of their intentions to investigate the "exercise of institutional control over its intercollegiate athletics programs, as well as the actions, and inactions, of relevant responsible personnel. Many reporters have said this, but it's becoming obvious now: we've probably only heard the tip of the iceberg of this ugly situation. Read more >>>
We have a separate post with links about Kurt Budke and Miranda Serna's plane accident, which you can see by clicking here.