SB Nation iPhone app - v1.1 demo from Mark on Vimeo.
Back in August we introduced you to SB Nation's iPhone app.
Well after taking stock of user feedback on the first app from across the SBN network, the tech team has made some changes and the SB Nation iPhone app v1.1 is now available in the App Store!
Now, in addition to helping you stay on top of all the latest news and commentary for Swish Appeal and all 300+ SB Nation blogs, version 1.1 includes:
- Faster loading comments
- Vastly improved comment experience including the ability to jump to the next unread comment, mark comments as read and reply in-line
- Blog colors
- An in-app browser
- Compatibility with iOS 5
Here's how to get it:
Go to the App Store on your iPhone and search for "SB Nation"
-- OR --
1. The SB Nation Android app will be out by the holidays and include all of the functionality and features of the iPhone app
2. The app is still free
3. SB Nation is far from finished making updates to the app and will continue to add new features and content in the future, including FanShots and push notifications.
Where can you find women's college basketball coverage around SB Nation?
Now that you have access to all of these other blogs from anywhere you go with your iPhone, you might be wondering where you can find women's college basketball coverage around the network.
Usually, SB Nation's college blogs pick up with women's basketball coverage once, you know, women's college basketball actually starts playing games, but for your convenience we've put a list of blogs that offered some coverage in the past on the left hand side of the blog in a sidebar box that looks like the following:
Obviously, the type and quality of coverage will vary site to site - some sites will offer preseason analysis by position, others will offer game coverage, others will just post links. And then contributors to each site will also vary. But until we get a better read on things when the season starts, those might be some good places to look and perhaps navigate to with your new app and we'll try to keep it updated throughout the season.
Got more feedback?
If you have other questions not answered by the video, please put your feedback in the comments. Most of all, we want to make sure that your experience of Swish Appeal on the iPhone is as good as it is on the computer, so we only make two requests in return for your FREE app:
- Please rate the app by going to the iTunes app store, searching for "SB Nation", finding the app, and then on that page at the bottom you can give it
fivethe appropriate number of stars in accordance with the quality of your experience. Also, if you just want to stand in solidarity with SBN, you don't need to even have an iPhone to rate it.
- If you use it, feel free to share any feedback - compliments, concerns, or constructive critique - in the comments below. In addition to getting support from the SBN tech team, that's a great place to tell us about how we can optimize the site to make things easier to read (e.g. placement of jumps, pictures, etc.). And again, this is a good time to share those comments about the site's usability even if you don't have the app.
For ongoing support with the app, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.