Yeah, yeah -- it's only an exhibition game, most of the stars for both teams will be missing, and the game won't count.
But who cares: there will be two teams in uniform playing basketball in Key Arena. As Storm coach Brian Agler told the media on Friday, this game will not be about winning, but about evaluating players after a week of training camp. It will be a chance for some of these players fighting for roster spots to show what they can do in game situations.
Projected lineups and players to watch after the jump.
Additional players in camp (as relayed to Swish Appeal Saturday morning):
Players to watch/Key battles:
Click here for Seth's camp notes.
Potential Starters (same as Wednesday's scrimmage):
Rotation from Wednesday:
- Swin Cash, Lauren Jackson returned to Seattle this weekend but will not play in today's game.
- Abby Bishop is expected in town today.
- Sue Bird will be in town this week.
- Le'coe Willingham will meet the team in Tulsa.
- Tanisha Wright's return date is uncertain.
Players to watch:
- Lacey & Moore: Agler said that they took turns playing the 1 and 2 during Wednesday's scrimmage.
"When Sue comes here and they gotta play with Sue, they gotta play both," said Agler. "So they're sort of getting in to that mode right now. Lindsey too -- you can put her in that group."
Backup point guard was one of the positions the Storm wanted to address this off-season. Moore has apparently been playing better in practice and Lacey has apparently continued to show that she can play at this level.
- Hampton & Robinson: neither player sees it as a "competition" and coach Agler won't identify it as such, but he did say both will play quite a bit. As he's described previously, Hampton could provide a needed scoring presence while Robinson could serve as a defensive presence inside.
- Aja Parham: has apparently been playing well in camp.
Agler said that their offense was ahead of their defense on Wednesday, so defense will be a major consideration for today's game.
Related links about today's players: