With the Washington Mystics' offseason being pretty quiet because collective bargaining agreement negotiations are still going on, and also the news about the Los Angeles Sparks' ownership situation is taking most of our time, the only news of consequence in DC is that second year guard Tayler Hill is pregnant.
So now we have an update on her pregnancy from her boyfriend, David Lighty on Twitter. Like Hill, Lighty is a former Ohio State basketball player where he won more games over his college career than any other player for the Buckeyes' men's basketball program and also won All-Big Ten Defensive Team honors in 2011. Lighty now plays for JSF Nanterre in France. Here's his tweet:
Found out that Tay and I will be Blessed with a little baby boy!!! OHHHH what a Feeling!!! Can't… http://t.co/52zywCvXkp— Dave Lighty (@OSULighty23) January 17, 2014
In addition, the baby has already received his first scholarship offer from Buckeyes men's basketball assistant coach Jeff Boals:
That prompted some thanks from Mom and Dad:
Given that both Hill and Lighty are professional basketball players who graduated from Ohio State, we could see a future college standout for the Buckeyes in 2032, and possibly in the NBA after that!
Keep up with the 2013-2014 Washington Mystics Offseason on our StoryStream.
- Stetson out-toughs Mercer en route to road victory
- Sparks Watch Day 17: If the Sparks relocate, could there be a new team in Los Angeles soon?
- Duke's Tricia Liston: More than just an elite three point shooter
- Sparks Watch Day 16: "I bought season tickets for next year! Will I get my money back?"
- Sparks Watch Day 15: Bay Area arena options if the Golden State Warriors relocate the L.A. Sparks