There are only three games tonight in women's college basketball. After that, from December 24th through December 27th, there are no games scheduled anywhere on wbbstate.com for women's basketball. The Christmas holiday is almost in full swing.
Likewise, the "Games I'd wish I'd seen" series will be taking an indefinite hiatus after the holidays. For those interested in the Elo Ratings table I've built for women's basketball, that might become a series of its own (or at least, a post whose content is updated daily). However, I won't be doing much reporting on games I didn't see.
So let's close out the series with a review of all of the stuff that happened on Sunday. But I saw Connecticut/California and Duke/Kentucky, so what else was there?
(9-2) Bowling Green 48
@ (9-2) #17 Purdue 57
* Bowling Green was held to just 26 percent shooting.
* What kept them in the game? The Falcons only turned the ball over eight times and took 18 more shot attempts.
* Great performances at the line by both squads: Bowling Green 12-for-14, Purdue 16-for-18
* Score was tied 23-23 at halftime - but Purdue took the lead to start the second half and never lost it.
* Four Purdue players in double figures; Bowling Green senior guard Jillian Halfhill with 15 points and 10 rebounds.
(9-4) Auburn 54
@ (10-3) Minnesota 67
* Auburn held to just 34 percent shooting.
* Turnovers a'plenty: Tigers 18, Golden Gophers 23
* Minnesota wins the Subway Classic.
* Minnesota outscores Auburn by 11 points over final 9:31 of game
* Minnesota junior Rachel Banham with 22 points - sixth straight 20+ game of the season; crosses 1,500 points for career milestone
Elo Rankings as of December 22, 2013:
1. Connecticut 12-0, 2. Duke 12-1, 3. Tennessee 10-1, 4. Stanford 10-1, 5. Notre Dame 10-0, 6. Louisville 12-1, 7. Kentucky 11-1, 8. Maryland 10-1, 9. Baylor 9-1, 10. North Carolina 11-2, 11. Oklahoma State 10-0, 12. Nebraska 9-2, 13. Colorado 9-1, 14. Purdue 9-2, 15. Iowa State 9-0, 16. California 7-3, 17. Oklahoma 8-4, 18. South Carolina 11-1, 19. Louisiana State 9-2, 20. Georgia 11-1, 21. Penn State 8-3, 22. Vanderbilt 10-2, 23. Gonzaga 10-2, 24. Dayton 5-4, 25. Texas A&M 7-4
So which games were your favorite games from yesterday - and did you have a chance to see those games? Let us know in the comments below!