Washington Mystics assistant coach Jennifer Gillom left the locker room last night singing
Etta James Flo Rida.
Our resident Washington Mystics fan asked whether DC fans should be happy or angry after last night's close loss to the Minnesota Lynx.
It appears that the Mystics coaching staff has an answer.
- Mark Giannotto of the Washington Post reports that Washington Mystics assistant coach Jennifer Gillom left the locker room singing Flo Rida's "Good Feeling" after "an encouraging loss" to the defending champion Minnesota Lynx last night. The general feeling in the Mystics' locker room was light after the team used a 21-4 run at the end of the third quarter to turn a blowout into an entertaining game for fans. Read more >>>
- Kelly Parsons of the Washington Times notes that after being hurt by turnovers in their first two games the Mystics thrived off of turnovers last night to mount their comeback, led by a career-high seven steals from guard Matee Ajavon. While the game could be construed as a confidence boost, to Ajavon it was just a reminder of what they should've been doing anyway. Read more >>>
- Roman Augustoviz of the Minneapolis Star Tribune points out that the Lynx outrebounded the Mystics 37-28 last night and as significant as the turnovers were in this game, the rebounding story was arguably the most significant: although the Lynx beat the Mystics 48%-33.3% on the offensive boards on the game, the Mystics were dominating the fourth quarter rebounding battle 50% to 17% up to the point of three late-game offensive rebounds by the Lynx. Read more >>>
- Mike Peden of the WNBA Examiner mentions that although Lindsay Whalen hit the game-winning shot, she didn't have a particularly good night - in addition to her game-high six turnovers, she didn't score until the 4:16 mark in the third quarter. Read more >>>
- Terrence Thomas of the San Antonio Express-News writes that the key to the Chicago Sky's 77-63 win against the San Antonio Silver Stars last night was obvious: "The Silver Stars couldn't stop Fowles." Fowles finished with 23 points on 10-for-13 shooting to go with 12 rebounds. Read more >>>
Feel free to leave your own insights, observations, or musical tributes in the comments below as well as any additional links that stood out to you.