As we focused on the 2012 WNBA Draft - and I got excited about one coaching hire at Queenie's expense - there was other coaching news in women's college basketball this week that I fell behind on.
SB Nation's college bloggers have done a bit better job of keeping up.
- Quinn Rochford of SB Nation's St. John's site Rumble in the Bronx offers some personal insight on Kim Barnes Arico - based on their conversation from media day in November - in response to her move to Michigan. Even then he got the sense that he should appreciate the coach that had transformed the program in her ten years there. Read more >>>
- Matt Sussman of Hustle Belt was finally able to celebrate a MAC coaching hire rather than lamenting the loss of another coach with Bowling Green's hire of Jennifer Roos, who was on Curt Miller's staff for his entire 11-year stint as the Falcons' head coach. While there may have been other applicants, Sussman is most excited about the continuity. Read more >>>
- BJohnston of Blogger So Dear wrote that Mike Petersen's move to fill the North Texas opening "blindsided nearly everyone in association with the Wake Forest". Sad statement from a commenter: "
- Herman of Sippin On Purple looked earlier this week at the Northwestern Wildcats' signing of Devon Brookshire from California and their loss of assistant coach Ali Jacques, who filled the head coaching vacancy at Siena. Read more >>>
- California Golden Blogs is doing their CGB Hall of Fame bracket again, with Golden Bear great Ashley Walker up against Daymeion Hughes next. Although Walker is still trying to find her place in the WNBA, she has signed a training camp contract with the San Antonio Silver Stars this season. Read more >>>