After yesterday's rumor that Georgia Tech had moved to the top of the list for Kaela Davis, the nation's #2 recruit, she will announce her decision today at 2:45 p.m. EDT.
When thinking about how likely a choice Georgia Tech is, the criteria described in James Bowman's piece today detailing how basketball recruits make decisions is interesting:
Factors having great predictive significance were:
- Whether the athlete made an "official visit" to a specific college
- Whether the school is in a BCS conference
- The distance from the high school athlete’s hometown to a specific school
- Whether the recruit is in the same state as a specific school
- The final AP Ranking of a specific school in the previous year of competition
As James explains, those factors were not specific to women's basketball, but Georgia Tech certainly fits the criteria for Davis as a school that finished last season 10th in the AP poll and will begin the season in the Top 25 once again.
For more on this developing story, check out our storystream by using the sidebar on the right hand side of this page.